Friday, June 17, 2005

Oslo, NORWAY

Oslo must be one of the most beautiful and liveable cities I have ever been to! Lots of parks, beaches, islands, old and new streets and buildings...lots of history, culture, music....just an all-round NICE city. Spent some time exploring the islands scattered across the Oslo Fjord which was a real pleasure. Some sun and some drizzle days, but generally nice weather.

Partied 2 nights in a row at the B&B where I stayed with a few Norwegians and Swedes. Super nice people. When you party this far north....you say "we party until it gets dark...because it does not get dark at all." You cant really see any gap between sunset and sunrise. The skies remain bright all through the night. Up in Lofoten Islands (north of the Arctic Circle), I will see the sun all night long! I look forward to seeing the midnight sun!

Sunday I am flying west to Bergen to see the fjords and then after 4 days I'm flying to north of the Arctic Circle to the Lofoten Islands (the wild north!).

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine