Sunday, June 05, 2005

Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC

What a zoo Prague has become since I last visited 10 years ago. While this is still early travel season, this place is already over-run by tourists. This city has lost its charm to me as it has been developed now as the Disneyland of Eastern Europe! The city has been remodelled with the tourist money in mind. Budapest is fast on the way to become like Prague, while Bucharest in Romania is a way off but I bet within the next 10 years, it will be where Prague is right now. So, if you still want to see real life in a big Eastern Euro city, then visit Bucharest NOW. Same applies to Bulgaria -- what a gem!

While Prague has lost its magic to me, the areas away from the tourist flooded old town area is still very charming. In fact, I just decided to  spen 10 days in Prague, but will mostly be doing the smaller towns and villages away from the capital city. I have decided to skip going to Krakow, Poland, as it would add 18 additional train hours to my schedule -- and both will be night trains -- and I'm no fan of night trains!  I'll do Poland from Berlin.

Food is good! Prices not as good as south from here such as Bratislava, Budapest, Bucharest, and Bulgaria. Beer in a night club is still only US$1,20  which is not bad at all -- so there are still many cheapies in Prague.

Weather wise -- yesterday some rain but sunny in the afternoon and perfect today.
Am I still enjoying my travels: I sure do! As long as the sun shines, and the food is good -- I'll be very happy.
Till later

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine