Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Budapest, Hungary -- Final Day

Yesterday was the final of my 8 days in Budapest and area. I ended off this pleasant stay by going to see the Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra at the Budapest Opera House. The Opera House was built in 1835 and grand architecture indeed. The 96 piece orchestra, directed by János KOVÁCS, created a totally unforgettable evening by playing the Flute Concerto in G major, K. 313, of Mozart -- one of his very few flute compositions. Superbly done by soloist Szabó Rozália!!!  The Symphony No. 2. in C minor of G. Mahler was supported by the 102 singers of the Choir of the Hungarian State Opera House. This was a performance I could never ever forget.
 
Budapest, farewell. I had enough Hungarian sausages, wine, beer, and lots of good food. My most memorable moments will be the Philharmonic Orchestra performance and the day out exploring the small wineries towards the north east of Budapest. Oh....and the walks along the Danube river!
 
I'm heading up north later today to Bratislava, capital of Slovakia.

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine