Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Veliko Tarnovo, BULGARIA - Day 2

Ok, I'm still in Veliko Tarnovo...such a nice little town its hard to leave. With all the cheap wine and beer and good food...its hard to leave Bulgaria! The Zagorka beer...and Bulgarian wines...which may not yet have grown on me...but the price it right, the mood is very accommodating...and with all the sunshine...I'll order another pint or two! Just look out for the signs of PECTAUPAHT...and you know...in the Cyrillic alphabeth...that spells RESTAURANT...easy right!...not always as there are many unfamiliar characters.

The Bulgarian girls...which are really pretty by any standard...just love to show their belly buttons...and the young men, also handsome by any standard...love to wear earrings...on both sides. Very stylish people...often too stylish for me...but then again....I guest there is a little generation gap! Problem is....about 90% of these beautiful people smoke!! Smoking is so in...you'd swear is was only introduced a week ago. One day they will be very sorry!!

Kavarma...never forget Kavarma...a delicious "Earthware" dish....one of the many Earthware dishes that are so part of Bulgarian cuisine!

I'm sad so leave Bulgaria tomorrow. I have grown to love this place, its people, and most of all...yes, I started to like its wine!

Here I come Romania. First the capital city of Bucharest...and then to to mountains of Transylvania. This trip won't be easy as I was warned about long delays at both sides of the border!

To check out Veliko Tarnovo, see these pics from somebody else (mine will follow later)
http://www.pbase.com/ngruev/tirnovo

Peter

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine