Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Veliko Tarnovo, BULGARIA

After a grueling 10 hour trip from the Black Sea town of Sozopol, I arrived in the northern mountain town of Veliko Tarnovo. A historical town which promises a lot of interesting ruins, cathedrals, and more. Will start exploring tomorrow. On my way to Veliko Tarnovo I had to change trains but nobody could tell me where to change trains and when I asked they all had different instructions.....all in Bulgarian of course. I got off at some small town and figured its my best hope to catch the right train in the right direction. After a 2 hour wait (while I roamed the small town and their many goats and beer drinking villagers), my train arrived for the three hour trip through the mountains and countless tunnels. At last I arrived at my destination and quickly found a hotel overlooking the river. The Internet cafe where I am right now have all state of the art screens and about 100 seats!! I'll stay here for two nights and then further north to cross the Romanian border at a town called Ruse. Next stop then will be the Romanian capital, Bucharest.
Till later!

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine