Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Manama, BAHRAIN

I arrived late this afternoon from Shiraz, IRAN, and I'm now in Manama, capital of The Kingdom of Bahrain. A tiny island in the Gulf, east of Saudi Arabia. Bahrain was not originally in my travel plans but what the heck - I was in the vicinity so I decided to drop by and check it out.
This was my first and hopefully my last visit to this tiny Kingdom. These Bahraini kings, who live in their majestic palaces around Bahrain, can have their little dusty island to themselves. I didn't travel around the island but explored the capital, Manama, in all directions. Other than a magnificent and friendly mosque, Bahrain has little to offer me. Of the two days I spent here, one day had fairly clear air while the second day was drenched in suffocating sand dust from the winds blowing across the Saudi desert. Glad I visited - just as happy to leave again. Adios Bahrain.

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine