Saturday, January 28, 2006

São Paulo, BRAZIL

I had a real good time back in South Africa and thanks a million to my wonderful friends and family who ensured I had a gooood time!! From staying a week among the wild animals in the northern part of South Africa, to driving down to the Wild Coast and up along the east coast to Balito Bay to my brother´s place, then down to Cape Town to visit my nephew and up along the awesome east coast to visit my aunt on her ranch....I had an unforgettable time!! Thanks folks!

Ok, so I´m back in Brazil...because I like Brazil sooooo much! Tomorrow I´m taking a 13 hour bus ride from São Paulo to Campo Grande on the outskirts of the vast Pantanal Swamps (240,000 sq km) and from there another 4.5 hour bus ride into the swamps from where I´ll start a 4 day trip to hunt the Anaconda, catch and eat Piranhas, and to photograph the capibara, deer, blue macaws, raccoons, water pigs, alligators, quati, monkeys, etc etc.

São Paulo, a city with 10.8 million people, is the commercial capital of Brazil. While I never really had any desire to visit this crowded city, I am pleasantly surprized by its charm. A city which never really sleeps, especially on weekends. I´m having a good time exploring the place!

I´ll report again whenever, from wherever I can find an Internet cafe.
Adeus!


Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine