Friday, September 30, 2005

Rio de Janeiro, BRAZIL

At last I made it to the world´s most beautiful city!! RIO. Indeed a lovely place. Went up to the Christo Redendor statue today and tomorrow will go up Sugar Loaf rock. WOW....the view of the city from high up at the Christ statue was awesome! I walked along Copacabana beach and Ipanema beach a few times since I arrived yesterday. While not such a dangerous city as many travel books warn you about, scams are still around. Somebody ¨accidentally¨ dropped some bad stuff on my shoe today and another immediately offered to clean up...this is an old scam to get hold of my bag which at that time contained my camera. I´m way too streetwise for these scammers!

Within the next two days I´ll start my trip up north along the coast towards the city of Salvador (about 2,000 km) and will visit several towns and villages along the way.

Internet is hard to find here in Rio so I will not update my blog regularly.
Adeus (the Portuguese for Adios...Spanish ¨goodbye¨)

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine