Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Whats Next? Pondering from Home Base: Hong Kong

I have been traveling for the past 21 months and visited 40 countries (not counting multiple visits to some countries such as Guatemala, Mexico, Brazil, South Africa, etc). I took 38,954 pictures, and have loads and loads of wonderful experiences! So what's next? There are so many other amazing places I want to visit such as Iran, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Yemen, Ukraine, Belarus, Venezuela, Antarctica, and many others. As much as I would like to see these places, I'm itching to get back to work...honestly! I guess I need a change of pace as life on the road - the way I do it - is very tiring! Think about it - over the past 21 months I have slept in about 200 different hotel beds, spent almost 2,000 hours traveling (mostly by bus and plane, and some trains), I walked through 3 pairs of good quality hiking shoes, and I lost (and gained...and lost...and gained) tens of pounds of weight - thanks to lots of exercise and good food!

My dad is very sick and I need to spend some time with him and my mom (and the rest of the family). So, tomorrow night I'm flying down to South Africa to spend a few days there. Soon I'll be back in Hong Kong! Adios.

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine