Sunday, December 03, 2006

On the Way to Dhaka, BANGLADESH

Last night I read a few reports online of the worsening political situation in Bangladesh and tourists are warned to be very careful all over Bangladesh and particularly in Chittagong Hill Tracts (where I am supposed to be tomorrow). Warnings about armed robberies etc. Well I need to go see for myself as reports are often overstated.

Latest news from Bangladesh this morning is that the political situation is very edgy and the country will have a general strike from tomorrow which means I may not be able to get to Chittagong...or really anywhere in Bangladesh or even anywhere in Dhaka. Things don't look promising at all. If the situation becomes critical I will have to leave on the first flight out. Hoping for the best!

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine