Friday, March 31, 2006

Manzanillo, COSTA RICA

Costa Rica is absolutely awesome! No wonder this is the country where I will spend more time than in any other country in Central America.

I arrived in Manzanillo by bike --- its close to the Panama boder

Today was another day full of surprizes! Here the shortlist of what I saw today in and around the jungle and beautiful beaches and villages:

Howler monkeys, spider monkeys, red and white and dark blue crabs....big crabs, many colourful birds, flowers and buttterflies, Jesus Christ lizards (those who run on the water...fun to see them crossing a strong flowing river!)....and the biggest sight of the day....another close encounter with a sloth...and this time the three-toed sloth which I have not seen before. I found it as it was so very slowly climbing up the tree and it stopped at my chest hight when it saw me. What an awesome creature!!! The three-toed sloth is even more charming to me than the two-toed sloth...and looks quite different.

The rain forest here along the Caribbean coast is so green and dense....and filled with exotic animals and other creatures. I could live right here for the rest of my life...

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine