Saturday, March 18, 2006

Done with South America....off to Central America

Well, its time to leave the South American continent. During July, August, and September last year, and Jan, Feb, March, this year, I have traveled through Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, and Colombia. The only countries I have not yet done, is Venezuela, Guyana, French Guyana, and Suriname....latter three being very small countries in the north east.

Its hard to say which is the best...I have seen a lot of Argentina and Brazil, and less of the others. However, I will select the 5 most awesome areas I have visited in South America.

1. Galapagos Islands, Ecuador (Absolutely amazing...if you love photographing animals)
2. Salar Uyuni (Southern Bolivia)
3. The glaciers of Patagonia (Southern Argentina)
4. The Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Inca ruins (Peru)
5. The Pantanal Swamps (Brazil)

I really enjoyed all the countries I visited. Colombia was great too. Tayrona National Park in the north east of Colombia is a gem! I regret not seeing more of Colombia, Peru, and Bolivia. Ecuador with its snow capped and smoking volcanoes was stunning, including Amazonia in the east.

Look here and scroll down to South and Central America, and Hawaii, in Review for my more detailed views on South America.

I´m off to start my journey through Central America which will include Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala and Mexico.

Adios

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine