Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Thanks to YOU!

SCROLL DOWN FOR "27 MONTH REVIEW" AND PICS ON DAILY POSTINGS
Thanks to all of you who followed my blog as I explored all these amazing places, and a million of thanks to those of you who stayed in touch via SMS and emails to support me. This long trip was certainly no holiday. Darn, if I wanted a holiday I would have booked into the 5-star Le Meridien Bora Bora in Tahiti and everyday relaxed by the infinity pool. My exploration of 65 countries in 27 months was a mission to digitally capture some of the most amazing places on earth before they change too much - watch for the receding of the many glaciers I photographed in Alaska and Patagonia (Argentina), the destruction of the rain forests I roamed in the Amazon..... I conquered several active volcanoes and many other dangerous excursions. I'm truly glad to be safely back home and I truly appreciate the support you gave me on the road...a road which often was very lonely where nobody understood my English (or my Spanish and Russian) and where roads sometimes came to a dead-end. During times like this it was such a relief to open my email and receive words of encouragement from those who cared enough. Thanks and God bless!!! Below...pics of me on location:
LEFT: High above ancient Shibam (Manhatten of the desert), Central Yemen. CENTRE: Close-ups of the Fur Seals, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador. RIGHT: Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii, USA

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine