Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Ephesus, TURKEY

Some people say "Ephesus is the best preserved classical city of the Eastern Mediterranean, and among the best places in the world enabling one to genuinely 'soak in' the atmosphere of Roman times". However, over the past two months I have seen so many wonderful ancient cities in Yemen, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria....that I am hardly impresses with Ephesus.

However, standing on the grounds of Ephesus and thinking about the rich and long history of this place, one can't help but to be amazed with the stories these ruins have witnessed. To me, the few hours I spent at these ruins was indeed a moving experience. The nearby town of Selcuk is also worth spending a night. Cobbled stone lanes, small cafes....tranquility could kill you!

Enough of ruins...I'm off to Istanbul

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine