Monday, August 28, 2006

Hong Kong, CHINA

I am safely back home in Hong Kong after leg three of my Round-the-World trip which took me to Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar. Unfortunately had to cancel my trip to Bangladesh due to scheduling difficulties. Was a real disappointment but I will go for it sooner than later.

Thanks to so many people who made my trip memorable. The people of Myanmar are awesome, same for the Lao people...and we all know how great the Thais are! Difference is that Myanmar is tourist virgin territory! Many places I visited in Myanmar, I was the only Westerner around town and people stared at every move I made...and somehow found me very funny...especially when I wore the Longjy (which most men wear) and the Tannakah (which most people use). Please, don't go to Myanmar....I don't want to see any tourists when I go there next time..hehe...You'll love it!

Tonight I am sleeping in my own bed in Hong Kong. As the airport bus brought me into Hong Kong, I once again realized: Hong Kong -is the most awesome city in the world!!! And believe me...I have seen almost all the great cities in the world. Hong Kong is number one! A fast growing, very dynamic city! Spectacular skyline!

Tomorrow I'm off to Tokyo, Japan. This time with my Hong Kong friend who speaks fluent Japanese! Believe me...I am tired of walking the traveller's road alone. I really look forward to having a friend by my side who speaks the local language. Will land in Tokyo tomorrow afternoon and head straight south (6-hour trip by bullet train) to the far south. I am going to conquer Sakurajima volcano!

Will report from Japan!

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine