Monday, August 22, 2005

Mendoza, ARGENTINA

A 6 hour bus ride across the high and snowy Andes mountains brought me from Santiago, Chile to the wine growing valley of Mendoza, Argentina.

This is the wine capital of Argentina and with lots of Argentinian steak houses at rock bottom low prices, my three days here look very promising. Crossing the mountains was an unforgettable experience. Really impressive to say the least. Lots of snow and the ski resorts are in full swing. Some ski lifts go above the roads...as the winding road crawls through the mountains. If I only had some time to spend in the mountains skiing, I´ll be even happier! On Thursday I´m going back to Santiago to catch my plane on Friday to Buenos Aires, capital of Argentina.

Life is beautiful -- its beauty in your eyes depends on you!

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine