Friday, May 25, 2007

The best and the worst places to stay around the world

I was just talking to a few other world travelers last night about the best and the worst places to stay around the world. I'll later publish more about the good, bad and the ugly, but for now, here's my top of the list based more on how good/bad the owners/management is rather than quality of the venue.

THE GOOD
1. Hostel Forestal, Santiago, Chile
2. Tirana Backpackers Hostel, Tirana, Albania
3. Hostal del Glacier, El Calafate, Argentina
4. Many of the private homes in which I stayed mainly in Eastern Europe and Russia

THE BAD
1. By far the worst management: Metropolis Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
2. French owner of small hotel in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Wonderful Thai staff so I won't reveal the name of the establishment.
3. Actually very few establishments I have come across with truly bad management.

More on my "Hotels around the world review"...later

Site Feed Top Travel Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine